Saturday, November 1, 2014

Week 7+8

We have began learning about algorithm analysis, and have been introduced to big O. We looked at sorting algorithm complexity, counting steps, and worst case. Unlike translating symbols, which has pretty much become second nature to me, and proofs,  which I have done a lot of in high school, big O was something new and interesting. It feels like we've taken a step deeper into computer science. I actually had a little trouble keeping up with the content during lectures, but after looking over lecture slides and notes and doing a little extra studying, I think I've established a decent understanding of what we've been doing. I've realized that it may look scary, but is actually not that hard once you get into it.

Assignment 2 was fairly easy. 1.2 and 1.3 gave me a little trouble, but I think I have it figured out. Everything else went quite smoothly and I didn't come across any difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment