Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 4

From doing the assignment, I was stuck on question 2d) for a while, because I could not identify if the statement was the converse, contrapositive or negation of the original statement. It looked like the contrapositive of the converse. However, after a while I remembered that the contrapositive is equivalent to the original statement, so the contrapositive of the converse is equivalent to the converse. This is something I will keep in mind for future use.

In class, we have started learning about proofs. I have done some mathematical proofs during high school, but those were more focused on the content of the proof, and we were never taught proper structure. So learning to structure proofs was something new to me. I can see how the structure can help you find a starting point and directions to work in, and also make it clear and easy for somebody else to understand your proof.

Overall, I'm feeling quite comfortable with material that was covered this week and am still finding the course rather enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment